Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm drowning in memories of the things I can't replace.


The L word


You are the definition of amazing. I just want you to know that, and although we have lost connection I will always love you and my arms will always remain wide open for you even if you hurt me. I don't understand how our friendship reached its apex and sunk to the point where we've become strangers to each other. I used to be able to tell you everything and I swear that if things hadn't worked out with Nubian I would've married you. Not because I'm attracted to you in that way,  but because I know that my heart would've been safely kept and guarded in your hands. You were the type of person that would have gone out of your way to make me happy. Like that day you brought me a cookie when it was pouring rain out, or when you walked me home when it was too late to be out on my own.

It used to be the reason I breathed, but now it's choking me up.


I want to go back to those times we used to talk on the phone till the crack of dawn or the day when we watched p.s. I love you. The thought of that day makes me  blissful. Although I know that on your side it gave you a wake up call on how this "relationship" would turn out. I know I  made a fracture on your giving heart and I'm sorry that I was stupid enough to let you down. If only today I could fix somethings on my side to still have you as a friend,  I would. I know you and I weren't meant to be together as boyfriend and girlfriend, and I know you loved me. But I was not and wont be the person that stimulates the butterflies that rest patiently in your stomach.  Perhaps the fact that I knew that,  pushed me away. I was too scared to hurt you and the actuality that I walked away from our friendship hurt you more than I could have ever hurt you. But I know there's someone out there waiting for you. It may not be Sasha, but she will make you happier than her or I could have ever. I want you to know that if there is any resentment in me, it is towards myself and not you. Once again I love you and good luck in college.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment